1. Hi Guest ... Welcome to TalkSquad! - Please Login or Sign Up Now to join the fun!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest ... Welcome to TalkSquad! - Please Login or Sign Up Now to join the fun!

Just for those who have moved on…

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by JaY, May 11, 2017.

1. JaY

JaY New Member

As I lay here and think about all the great people I've met because of a form, the story I have comes from a man who actually picked up the phone and called me.

The conversation went something like this "you don't know me, but we have a lot in common". I've sold soy candles, he sold and made soy can, with both known some of the same people & some of those people are theoretically banned from the industry. We lived approximately 5 miles from one another and at that point friendship started.

We talked quite often and when he said he actually had a factory, I went to the local university business incubator and found all kinds of stuff. Stuff that you could make a lot of candles. I thought I might stay for 45 minutes, however I stays a lot longer.

2 hours later we had a mental plan for retail and a MLM style structure. As I opened accounts, I decided it was better for the company to actually premium product – and I didn't have to be someone who just wanted to check. That work for a while as well!

Over a period of years I found out that he lived down the street from where my mother's high school friends. It is now a restaurant in the Kings Island area that I have enjoyed for years and…

This is where it gets really odd. He was telling me about the first house he and his wife bought & it just so happened that the closing lawyer for the house was also our family lawyers mother-in-law's home.